Many TBA members work for the state of Washington. Many MORE TBA members depend on the work done by Washington state employees like teachers and nurses. Please read this information and make a phone call or email on behalf of our friends who work part time for the state.
Please call your State Senator to oppose Washington State Senate Bill 5905.
Provisions of SB 5095:
1) State employees’ health insurance coverage would be cut by eliminating coverage for state employees who work fewer than 30 hours per week. These employees would then need to purchase insurance on the state health care exchange.
2) State workers who must purchase on the exchange would see:
- monthly premium cost as much as TRIPLE
- elimination of dental and vision benefit
- more out of pocket expenses for deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance
The Senate passed this bill on the outrageous assumption that it would save $90 million by eliminating state health coverage for part time state employees. These savings would come directly out of the pockets of state employees.
Please contact your legislators and tell them that SB 5905 is unfair and immoral. Call your Senator or Representative at (800) 562 6000 or email to first name.last email@example.com
Thank you from the TBA Health Care For All Committee!